Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First Post and Challenges Ahead



 A Tiny Foreword

Since it is his first post, I figured I'd give a bit of an introduction. This is one of best friends Patrick and he will be posting on this blog as well. Unlike me, he has actually had relationships, so he provides a different perspective. 


-Michael

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been mentioned several times in Mike’s blog. I have read many of his posts and haven’t commented as much as I should (I’m a horrible friend). Let me tell you about the person behind the not so myth, I am a very outgoing person, Mike and I share many things in common (which is why I hold him as one of my most trusted friends), I am very open about most anything in my life*, and I have a wonderful girlfriend who from this point will be named Lynn**.

I have always been open about sexual talk between friends. I was raised by my dad who felt sharing information, which I found disturbing, was important for us to create a bond. The first thing I remember was the talk that my dad and I had, and it went something like this:

My dad: “Son, you know what sex is. I know you know because you look at stuff on the computer”
Young Patrick: nothing
My dad: “Son, this is awkward for the both of us. So I will keep it short. Wear a condom because you will learn to love your penis and you never want to lose it.”

Now between that talk and 8th grade health class I felt, that at fifteen years old, I was ready to tear up anything that moved. Well when I was 15 I was extremely nervous around girls but I was able to talk to them. My relationships throughout high school were like a roller coaster ride some girls I could try to do anything to and others I just had too much respect for.
Fast forward to the current date***

I have been dating my girlfriend for three years. We have come close to breaking up several times but since the last fight we have grown stronger.  We have both become more open in the bedroom. When we first started to have sex we would just start kissing and away we went. Well, after being together for three years we started to realize that the normal wasn’t going to get us both excited all the time. So with a conversation we discovered we were both holding back what we really wanted in the bedroom.

The reason I bring that up is simple. Many people are afraid to talk about what they like sexually. It can be as simple as role-playing or go much darker. When I would have sex with someone for the first time I would become self-conscious due to many factors. As a guy I worry about my performance, my size and of course something that makes me different****. So about three months ago Lynn and I made a pact to always openly communicate our thoughts, on our relationship and our sexual relationship, so that we can grow stronger as a couple while both being happy.

My posts will mostly be about my struggle with some of my self-consciousness, my early struggles with sex and my relationship situations.

Thanks
Patrick

*-My family life is pretty disclosed
**-I don’t want real names to be put out
***-If allowed to post again I will cover in between
****-Might go into that later

No comments:

Post a Comment